Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 114 North Pacific Ocean

Thursday, 1/5/2009, sunny and clear until dark. After lunch, I recorded another walk to the Focsl. The camera movement reflects my walking from side to side. I also recorded the diving sea eagles, white birds with black trim on their wings. Their bodies, wings and beaks are extremely streamlined. They soar almost effortlessly, riding the air currents and pressure ridges around the ship. When they spot food, they bend a wingtip and dive, making a splash like an Olympic diver. Starting at 1500, there are a few tiny white caps.

Breakfast was cornflakes with muscli, toast, apple juice, and coffee. For lunch I added rice to my chicken soup. I also had salad, declining the main course, Chicken Cordon Bleu. Supper was hamburger steak, rice, and peas. The image today is a sidewalk utility cover from Hiroshima, Japan.