Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 127 New Orleans

Wednesday, 2/18/2009, hotter and humid. It is tee shirt weather temporarily, and there are thunderstorm warnings. The hotel was comfortable and quiet, and convenient to the French Quarter. The complementary breakfast was good. I walked throught the French Quarter again and took more pictures. At Cafe Du Monde, I asked for chicory and French donuts. I'm not sure they use chicory in their coffee anymore. On the levee, I listened to parts of the lectures for 2 tourist groups before returning to the hotel. We took a taxi to the Walmart near the port. I bought a paper and replenished some supplies for my cabin and my drive home next week. After a fastfood lunch, the agent brought us back to the ship. This evening, a few of the crew have been able to get a ride out of the port.

The image today is one of the large cargo holds. We usually can't get close for safety reasons. The cargo has been removed from the upper layer. An adjustable pontoon floor is visible. There is much much more cargo beneath the removable floor.