Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 53 Indian Ocean

Sunday, same hazy, sunny, hazy. Moderate head wind today. Rougher seas and white caps. 0845 Small rocky islands, both sides. Saw a few ships. 1230 More small rocky islands. I can see land on both sides as we cross from the Red Sea into the Indian Ocean. On the raised platform at the foremost part of the focsl, the wind is whipping my jacket. The combination of the air the ship is passing through and the headwind feels like 40 mph or more. I raise my arms and stand on one foot in the karate crane position. Have to lean forward into the wind. Even with the wind, it is not difficult. The rolling of the sea has strengthened my ankles. Sea legs, I guess.

Going to finish reading Plum Wine by Davis-Gardner today. My traveling companions to southern Japan might appreciate this novel. Special additional security protocols are now in effect. I would like to thank the US Navy for their presence in the area. I guess my tax dollars are working for me!

Hello back to Monte.