Friday, October 17, 2008

A quiet day at the Houston City Docks

Repositioning occurred very smoothly last night. Slept well enough
until 8. The mattress is HARD, but nothing hurts.

After a light breakfast, I watched activity in the Port. There are
railroad tracks on both sides of the channel, always interesting for me.
There are no containers in sight. There are large storage areas with
pipes and steel stock.

Some harbors have net cams. This link is a
<a> href="http://www.kroooz-cams.com/">cruise ship cam</a>.

The next ship has a basketball basket on a higher aft deck, with a net
over the area to keep the ball on the ship. One of the windows also has
a pinup.

Because of the ship change, the itinerary changes slightly. We will stop
in New Orleans, West Palm Beach, and Philadelphia. Will probably not
stop in Genoa. There are also some changes in Asia. I am not able to
update the list on my main website.

I have 2 windows (ports) about 18" by 26". The aft window is openable.
A problem with windows on ships is that they get cloudy from the salt
spray. I found some windex in my bathroom and cleaned my windows and
the outside of the aft one. Practically sparkles!

I've finished reading 'The sixth day' of Boccaccio's 'Decameron'.