Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 104 North Pacific


Tuesday, sunny until midday, then overcast. The improvement in mood of people is noticable. I did a load of laundry this morning. I walked to the focsl this morning, in the sun. I tried making another video, this time round trip. The image I am sending today is the overhead speed indicator for the Maglev train in Shanghai, 424 kilometers per hour. I wasn't fast enough with my camera to catch the maximum of 431 kph. That is about 259 miles per hour.

Time advances another hour tonight, making our time 18 hours ahead of CST at home. This is the time zone of New Zealand, Fiji Island, Kamchatka, and Marshall Islands. I will have some more interesting specifics about our crossing of the International Date Line in the next post. I think Day 105 and Day 106 will both be Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 for us.