Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 89 Shanghai

Monday, still sunny and cold, but hazy. Sam spends part of the day with me. We take the subway to the financial district. We go up the Pearl of the Orient TV tower. I believe this is the 3rd tallest building in China. The first and second tallest buildings are visible nearby. There are many school children on the second level, about 8 years old. Many ask how old I am, convinced I must be ancient because of my hair color. Afterwards, there is a museum on the lower level. We enjoy refreshments afterwards. We take the subway halfway back, stopping to make a purchase for Dave. Late afternoon, when I am back in my room, there is some kind of an event across the street. Two police cars, an ambulance, and a van with bars on the windows, appear and then leave after a few minutes.