Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 94 Nagoya, Japan

Saturday, partly sunny. Yesterday, while we were still in the Pacific, George saw a large group of dolphins, around 50. I missed seeing them. Last evening: As we were coming up the bay to Nagoya, the sky was clear, and I saw stars for the first time in days. Must be an airport nearby, because air traffic was heavy. Dropped anchor outside the port entrance. At dawn today, the anchor was raised, and the pilot brought the ship to dock around 0730. Loading operations are proceeding. Unlike the docks I saw in the US and Europe, the docks in Asia have been new and clean. The officer's mess was full today with guests. I ate in the crew's mess. Passengers are cooling our jets until Immigration opens Monday morning. I read and wrote and did a sudoku puzzle.