Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 25 Atlantic Ocean, still

Sunday. My arrival expectations yesterday were 1 day premature. There are clouds or fog to the water on the horizon. Early, it is clear and sunny above, changing to partly cloudy. Definitely white caps and spray today, with moderate swells. The roll meter shows a max of 20 degrees to each side. Objects slide around, even in the dining room and on the bridge. Heard a crash from the galley. My cabin has everything secured now, and I remember to latch doors and drawers. A shipmate remarked this morning that he hand to take his water bottle to bed with him to keep if from rolling or sliding around. I decide not to walk the deck today. No ships. Saw more of the small white birds. Had my weekend breakfast of 1 egg, 1 piece of bacon, toast and coffee. Lunch was soup with added rice, sometimes salad. Time for an apple and a coffee now, at 1500. Dinner was great last night; meatballs, stir-fried celery, rice, spring rolls. Recorded some video of the rolls. Made my weekly call home. I'm a little overbudget on minutes, but will be having some days where I can't or won't connect. At 1600, we are south of Ireland. Swells are up to 5 meters now. Should be out of this in another 10 hours. One more time change tonight, so we will be 1 hour ahead of GMT, 7 hours ahead of CST. Most of western Europe is on this new time zone.