Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 41 North Sea, south bound!

Tuesday, partly sunny. The North Sea swells are back, so we have 6 second rolls again, but there have been few whitecaps. I went out on the Pilot Deck to see the sea, and the new cargo that was loaded in Hamburg. The large, most interesting cargo items are usually on top. Didn't stay long because of the biting cold. The final count of new passengers is 2. One is from Cologne, one is from a small town between Nurnberg and Munich. Both are friendly. I shared my discoveries about the laundry. We had no drill this morning, but it is only a matter of time, since there are new passengers, and a few new crew members.

Saw a very large oil platform to the west, early afternoon. Whoa. That was a good one. I can tell I'll be putting everything in drawers soon. On days like this, I have toast and coffee for breakfast, a scoop of rice with 2 ladles of soup over it for lunch, and a heavier supper. Probably a piece of dark chocolate, and a glass or 2 of red wine afterwards. I'm starting to ration my treats from home. From Ann's trail mix, today I will have one cashew, one almond, and one dried cherry. Maybe it is wishfull thinking, but it seems like the temperature is rising and the days are getting longer already.