Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 26 English Channel

Monday, foggy, much gentler sea. Since 0200, the rolls have only been 5 degrees. 12 C. Some wind and swells from starboard aft. I recorded a video of the wind blowing off the tops of the whitecaps to spray. The rain has washed all the salt off my starboard window. Sunday must be pizza night, which is wonderful. Last night, I was given a non-slip pad. I use it on part of my desk top so my lamp and coffee cup and glass don't slide any more. I still keep almost everything else in drawers. I continue to see these white sea birds with black wing tips which can be pointed down. Erns? There are other ships now! Most are slower. There were 5 visible at the same time on the X and S band radars. Because of the fog, not all are visible with the naked eye.